Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Goals

Ok, so I've been thinking about some goals I should be setting for myself as a motivation for the rest of the year and beyond. So my goals, in no specific order, are:

1) Get in shape. Specifically I'd like to be able to run a 6:30 mile at some point, and also be able to keep up a decent pace for 3+ miles. Considering my best mile ever was 7:30, and that was as a senior in high school, I've got some work cut out for me.

2) Lose weight -- I've been poked in the gut enough times (thanks Jasnit). I could stand to lose about 15-20 pounds (and ideally turn the rest into muscle, but baby steps, baby steps).

3) Play more poker and improve -- I'd like to some day enter the WSOP, but I definitely need to improve first. I need to get out to foxwoods and play live games -- the online stuff is fun but I don't think it's really helping my game much. Plus it's a lot more entertaining in person.

4) Play more golf and also improve my golf game -- it's a little late in the season to start, but it'd be nice to play once a week or so. My game has improved a good deal this year and it would be nice to be able to improve to the point where I'm playing about bogey and a half golf by the end of the year.

5) Learn something entirely new -- here's where you come in -- I'm open to suggestions on what you think I should learn. It could be pretty much anything, but it would be neat to try something entirely new.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work guys. Good resources here, very useful. Your web site is helpful. I will bookmark!
- harvardace.blogspot.com b
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home